Conditionals. Third and Mixed Conditionals
Grammar >>> Conditionals. Third and Mixed Conditionals
if-clause main clause
if + past perfect/past perfect continuous would/could/might have + past participle
1. If Tina had invited them, they would have gone to her birthday party.
2. If George had recognized Susan, he would have greeted her.
3. If I had known the answer, I would have told you.
4. If he hadn't told me that yesterday, I wouldn't have been here now.
5. If my parents had returned earlier, quite a lot of things wouldn't have happened.
6. If I had gone to the party last night, I would have seen Megan.
7. If he had been looking where he was going, he wouldn't have walked into the wall.
8. If David had been studying harder, he would have passed his examinations.
9. He would never have behaved like that if he had received a good education.
10. I would have been pleased if they had come to my place after the performance.
11. I would have gone out if I hadn't been so tired.
Note: could have and might have are possible instead of would have:
12. We could have gone out if the weather hadn't been so bad. (= we would have been able to go out)
13. If she had shown me her composition, I could have corrected her mistakes.
14. If Patrick had called me yesterday, I could have gone out with him.
15. If you had worked harder in your youth, you could have been a rich man now.
16. If he had played better, we might have won. (= perhaps we would have won)
17. If George had been going to bed earlier, he might have gone to work on time.
18. If Tom had been listening, he might have heard what the teacher said.
19. We might have not stayed at this hotel if Mike hadn't recommended it to us.
1. If I liked the singer, I would have come to the concert with you.
2. If I liked Chinese food, I would have gone to a Chinese restaurant with them.
3. If I were rich, I would have bought a Ferrari.
1. If you hadn't left the umbrella at home, we wouldn't be wet now.
2. If you had told me earlier, I would be there.
3. If she hadn't come on time, she would miss the film on TV.
4. If you had learned the lesson, you would know how to answer this question.
5. If he hadn't driven so fast, he wouldn't be in a car accident now.
|© Copyright 2002 - 2022. Author and design M. Boyanova.|